Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Is that an...elephant on the roof?

this morning was one of those really surreal mornings...

i woke up to what sounded like an elephant on the roof at 6:05 am. then the phone rang and it was my pilates teacher calling to cancel class because she has the stomach flu. the elephant(s) continued to run around the roof until about 8:30 am, with me drifting in and out of one of those bizzaro half asleep/half awake states...awaking to think thoughts like "wow, you really should get up and go walking. it's not like you're even really sleeping, with all those pachyderms up there. c'mon. get up...get up...get up..."

hmm. another zero activity points day. go team.

(by the way, there weren't actually any elephants on the roof, sadly. they were painters who had been hired to re-paint all of the condo units, which i was not made aware of. i'm really not sure why they had to be on the roof, or why 6:05 am was the best time to have their rooftop party.)

i did manage to stay reasonably in control today, even with a last minute "let's go out for dinner" w/ the visiting parents...i was good and ordered a salad from the low-fat menu. I'm not totally sure what the pointage was, so I'll say i ate 24 points today and have 30 flex left.

Tomorrow I WILL EXERCISE if it kills me.

I have ALL KINDS of INTERESTING STUFF to post about (how about that for a cliff hanger??!!), but unfortunately, I must get some "real" work done since all of my time seems to have been usurped by the parents.

it will be nice to get back to my routine :)

("routine" meaning reading 11,000 weight loss blogs a day intermixed with about 20-25 minute spurts of "real" work)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your definition of "routine" - I have fallen into that trap myself. Good thing work is slow right now!!

Bri said...

Yay for self control!!!

Anonymous said...

how rude of those painters. geez. i would have been livid. your work day sounds a lot like mine. :)

soapbox girl said...

Sorry about the painters. That sucks. Renters have it really rough sometimes. OK-- I'm totally checking your blog tomorrow to see what kind of awesome workout you did. You can do it!

katieo said...

("routine" meaning reading 11,000 weight loss blogs a day intermixed with about 20-25 minute spurts of "real" work)

20-25 minutes? Good for you! lol!