Thursday, August 30, 2007

Brain vs. Belly

Did you read the latest NYtimes article about weightloss? They make it sound pretty hopeless, and I found the article very discouraging. Anyway, it made me think - should we trust our brain or our bellies? According to the article, our brains make it more difficult to lose weight, in an effort readjust our dieting efforts. But I can't listen to my belly either - that hasn't done so well for me so far. Is this why I need to count points, since I can't trust my brain or my belly?

FJ: ate 24, exercised 3, flex left 6 (resetting tomorrow). I just ate some salty snack at a party...I hope it doesn't interfere with my weigh in tomorrow. hrm.

2 comments:

Meg said...

hmm...kinda depressing. but it does mention a 30 lb weight range...that's a pretty big range...

soapbox girl said...

Hey, if you don't like this report you can always find another that says something different! It seems like there's still a lot they don't know. :))