Wednesday, August 22, 2007

the power of suggestion



my brother (one of those naturally skinny people who "forgets" to eat, and then can consume 5000-6000 calories a day for weeks with no weight gain) has been obsessed with those ice cream drumsticks for the past two weeks. He eats a box a day. A BOX A DAY!!! These things have like 14g fat, 300 some calories and he eats 4 a day in addition to numerous other things like pizza, burritos, more pizza...etc. sigh.

well, watching him eat those drumsticks has been annoying. it's not so much that i'm a huge fan of drumsticks...but i do like ice cream+sugar cones. yum.

so, i discovered the skinny cow ice cream cones. yummy. they are very good and 3 pts each.

however, i ate 2 of them today. bad.

i did exercise...and ate some fruit. no vegs. oh wait, i did have some on a subway sandwich. and i got kind of snacky and wasted a lot of points on empty carby foods...and kashi and popcorn, which i guess is ok. well anyway, ultimately i had 3 activity points, ate 29 (!), so i have 32 flex left.

so, what do you do with the super skinny eating machine people in your life?

i swear half the reason i ever got into this weight-management crisis is because subconsciously, i think i should be able to eat as much as my brother. i can't though. why is that such a hard reality to face?

4 comments:

Bri said...

(raises hand really high) yeah, so as meg knows, my hubby is really skinny. I have a big problem here, because he can really put food away, but I notice that that some days I do eat more than he does. He just doesn't think about food all the time like I do. He's a good boy and loves to eat healthy food (except ice cream - he's got issues there). But whenever I make him fattening foods like cookies, he is under strict instruction to take the whole lot to work, or hide what I have given him. I make some meeean cookies and absolutely cannot stop eating them if I know where to find them.

Randi said...

It's all about metabolism. Your super skinny brother must have a killer metabolism, because he's a boy, and because of his crazy random eating I think. It's not fair but one day it will probably catch up to him. I don't know a lot of people who eat stupid bad every day, they usually make up with it by having some days where they eat very little. Balances out in the end. The only thing you can do is try and increase your metabolism and the best way to do that is strength train. (oh no, here she goes again with the strength training.) well you know the story so I'll save it.

soapbox girl said...

Thank God my boyfriend is not like that! I couldn't handle it. He doesn't eat all of the time.

I've noticed that for him it's more about quality over quantity. He eats anything he damn well want to eat, but he doesn't eat when he's not hungry. Being snacky isn't something he understands. Either you're hungry or, well, you're not.

I, on the other hand,will eat due to stress, environment, and host of other issues, all of which he doesn't seem to deal with. So, in the end of ends, his ability to eat what he wants equals out with my eating all the time!

Unknown said...

dreyers makes some really good ice cream that imitates the drumstick, its called sundae cone.they have a light version of it too. It is delicious.