Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mega Evaporation

Do we evaporate at night? Cause I consistenly weight 2 lbs or so less in the morning, BP (before pee). But the other day, I weighed 3 (THREE?) pounds less. Where does it go? Do I sweat like a pig? (Where did this phrase come from anyway - I don't think pigs actually sweat, isn't that why they cool off in the mud?) Anyways. 3 lbs? That is about 1.5 liters of water. Where does it go? I don't wake up drenched in sweat, and it's not boiling out here or anything.

Now you might be say "Silly Bri, your scale must be off". But no no no, I weight myself constantly (I know I know, I shouldn't, but I can't help it). I weigh myself several times before bed (BP, AP, you name it) and in the morning (BP, AP, after shower, nekkid, not nekkid, after eating, etc.) This several pound weight loss trend really exists.

OK, enough of my rambling. Today was a SVD! Yay! Though I only ran for 20 min. boo. ate 21 (am brushing teeth now to avoid hubby's nightly ice cream fest), exercised 24, flex left 21.

5 comments:

Meg said...

yea, i find the same thing too. i hope we don't sweat like pigs during sleep. gross. maybe i should change the sheets more often. like once a day...

Meg said...

oh and good job on the SVD!

(SVD=super virtuous day in case anyone is confused)

Randi said...

Same thing happens with me. I don't really understand it. I always wondered where the weight goes when we lose it. From what I understand it goes out with the waste from our body so that includes potty time but also sweat and vapour in our breath. I think there's something to that breathing but honestly how much weight could be in a gas? are you wearing the exact same thing?

katieo said...

I wonder too, but not too hard. I'll take it no matter what, don't need to understand it. I've been known to blow my nose and see a difference on the scale. EWW.
I always weigh post-pee, pre-everything else, in the buff. It may be a little skewed, but it's the most constant for me.

Samantha said...

I think that someone is weight them selves to much.:)
I think it is digestion, dehydration (water through the skin possibly) fat burning and it is a pretty long fast.
It happens for me like that too. That is always why I only weigh myself first thing in the morning.
It makes me feel better.