Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Unskinny Reason #2

#2: I fool myself into thinking that I'm skinnier by wearing my big-bri pants. Seriously. I walked around all day feeling like a million bucks, swimming about in my summer-weight chinos, vanity sized and all. But really, I'm not any skinnier.

The good news is that my large pants did not prompt me to eat more. Actually, this work-week I've barely been wanting to eat. I'm normally counting the minutes until I can sneak off from my desk for second breakfast, or lunch, or snack 1, or snack 2 (hrm maybe this will be unskinny reason #3). But lately, I've had to get so hungry that I couldn't think before I move to the lunch room. AND, when dinner comes, I eat some food, then stop before I'm full. It's weird. Hopefully, it sticks (well, the habit, not the fat...you get the idea).

ate 22, exercised 2, flex left 21

2 comments:

Randi said...

I heard on a podcast (Weight loss and the mind) that this guy recommends wearing pants too small for a full week (every day, don't know if you wear the same thing but they're tight is the point). Every day you go through a different thought process like, yeah this sucks, I'll lose weight. to tell me exactly what to do I'll do it. to that's it I'm ready, no more chocolate no more carbs, I'm there. It's interesting, not something I'd try though.
I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling good about yourself in "fat pants" as long as it doesn't make you feel like you can eat more cause you're doing so well.
Also, I don't think snacks are bad at all! Nearly every diet recommends eating 5 mini meals to keep your metabolism roaring. Just eat healthy things at your snacktime.

Bri said...

Thanks for the info Randi - I normally wear pretty tight jeans (see first post on jeans creases), so this was fun for a day. for a hot day. Yeah, I usually eat 6 times a day... I stay away from processed foods, so that helps keept he snacks healthy.