Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A not-so EXTREMELY INTERESTING POST

Well, I DID (finally) manage to exercise this morning. Nothing revolutionary--just 60 minutes of fast(ish) walking. It felt good, even though I still had major trauma pulling myself out of bed. I never regret getting up to exercise, yet it is virtually impossible some days. Why is that?

I was sabotaged a bit w/ the parents visit and so I think my hopes of losing this week are pretty close to nil. We ate out twice today. (Twice in one day?! What are they trying to do to me? Fatten me up for the long winter ahead?) Sigh. It was fun, don't get me wrong! It's just a lot harder to lose weight when you eat out TWICE A DAY!! I ate salads both times, dressing on the side...and made pretty good choices the rest of the day. My best guess is that I ate about 30, worked off 3 leaving me 26 flex. Honestly, I feel like I'm gaining weight, not losing. We'll see on friday.

Good news is the parents are off tomorrow, so the constant eating out will stop...Work stress, however, is going to be major until after August 18. I kind of feel like putting losing on the backburner and just focus on maintaining for the next week. But, I don't know. I guess I'll just take one day at a time.

Well, sorry to keep you all hanging on the edge of your seat, but my EXTREMELY INTERESTING POSTS will have to wait another day.

5 comments:

soapbox girl said...

Yay for walking one hour! That's great!!

marie said...

the weeks where i eat the MOST amount of food were the weeks where i had the most AMAZING losses. sometimes your body will shock you. it needs a lot of fuel if you're active!

katieo said...

Family around always screws me up. But it sounds like you made some good choices. I can tell you right now, I probably wouldn't have gotten salads for BOTH of those meals!

Randi said...

Yay totally awesome for 2 salads. That's good. EAting out or not that'll make you lose. think what you would have eaten if you were at home? Probably not less calories than that right? And don't put off the losing for maintaining! If you shift your goals when you wanted to be losing and WERE just mainaining, you might try to maintain and gain! (boy that's confusing). You can lose weight when you're busy! Really! Pack all your food and nothing but healthy fruits and veggies and stuff to snack on so even if you binge at work it will be on carrots. You don't have to spend an hour working out if you don't have time, even 20 minutes will help!

Meg said...

soap box girl--as always, thanks! you are so encouraging!

marie--i am hoping for an amazing loss, but not holding my breath! thanks for the encouragement!

katieo--yea, family is the WORST for dieting!!

randi--so true, i really have an all or nothing attitude. 20 minutes is always better than none, why is that so hard to remember??!!!