Friday, August 3, 2007

What the...?!

Me (to the scale): "Is this your idea of a joke?"
Scale: (silence)

179, people. 179.

The last time I weighed myself in May I was 162. How did this happen? Oh wait, it could have something to do with eating large amounts of sugar and fat and not getting enough exercise, using zero self control and putting just about anything and everything in my mouth (well, just food)...oh, and not sleeping either.

Sigh.

And, I'm very disappointed to report that two whole days of counting AND exercising AND blogging did not, in fact, erase an entire sugar-infused-face-stuffing-gorgefest summer. Too bad. i guess I'll just have to do this the old-fashioned way.

4 comments:

Randi said...

you mean you need more than 2 days! *gulp* it's a lost cause! hehe, just kidding! I know I totally wish that even 5 days of doing good would make up for weekends of doing bad but it's hard! About the sugar, I HEARD that if you can manage to avoid your cravings for 2 weeks then you won't have them anymore. 2 weeks is a hellova lot longer than 2 days though. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

hehhee. too cute!

Crabby McSlacker said...

At least you've gotten started! I always think that just by telling myself "ok, time to stop pigging out so much" the words themselves will have some sort of magic power. Turns out, you actually have to stop pigging out!

Two days is a great start.

Meg said...

randi--yes, in more disciplined days i've actually experienced the subsiding of the sugar cravings, so i know it can happen...but like you say, the problem is making it past the 2-week mark! (or even the 2-hour mark...)

shannon--thanks for stopping by!

crabby--yes, how come telling yourself to stop doesn't directly translate into stopping? and why is this concept so difficult to master? i can tell myself to "pay the water bill" and somehow it happens...but "put down the candy/donut/cake/cookie"? yea right!