Sunday, August 19, 2007

A different kind of wedding weekend eating fest




















This has to be worth like 20,000 activity points, because i am completely exhausted.


So...this is one of my "side jobs" (i own a wedding floral design biz). When I do big gigantic weddings like this one, I usually work between 18-24 hour days for 2-3 days straight. (I really really need an assistant...) Usually I stress eat like a mad woman, partially to keep myself awake, and partially just because i'm stressed...and I did better than usual this time, but I still ate more than i should have.

I have no idea on the exact pointage (too busy counting the number of bouquets, boutonnieres, table arrangements etc.)..but i do remember eating 3 pieces of pizza on Friday night (in addition to slew of other stuff, mostly healthy, but too much of it)...then on saturday after i finished setting up the wedding, i had a gigantic hamburger and fries and this enormous brownie thing with ice cream. (i don't know if anything has ever tasted sooo good though)

I think what kills me on the weddings is not sleeping. When I'm tired AND stressed I have no control. Zero. Time to hire a real assistant. (anyone want a job?)

However, as i may have mentioned, this is my last mega-huge wedding for awhile. so, back to self-control, exercise and sleep.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg - you may not have slept and you may have eaten too much (at least in your mind - who am I to judge???) but, from the pictures, it looks like one fantastic wedding was had by all! Nice job!!!

soapbox girl said...

Hey, you can send me flowers anytime! Beautiful arrangements! I'm impressed.

soapbox girl said...

I forgot to write. I LOVE (!) the flower/candle combination display (the one with the flowers floating underneath the candles). So, so gorgeous!

Bri said...

Yeah, I think you earned that burger!!! Looks WONDERFUL!

katieo said...

Glad you're going to get a break in soon! Those pictures are so beautiful. ANd were I kidless, I would take the assistant job in a heartbeat!